Oakland Homeschool Music is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization whose mission is to assist families of home-schooled children and other children who do not have access to a music education program in their school have the opportunity to develop musical talents and appreciation. While we do charge tuition, it is not enough to cover all the needs of a growing music education program. There are a number of ways that you can help influence the life of a student musician. OHMI provides receipts that can be submitted for tax deductions for goods and funds if nothing is received in return.We appreciate your interest in helping us provide the best music education program for our students!
1) Donate an instrument. If you have an instrument at home that is sitting in a closet not being used, we’d love to give it a new home. We have students who would like to play an instrument, but are not able to afford one. We are especially in need of lower brass instruments, bassoon, bass clarinet, string bass and percussion, but we are happy to take other instruments.
2) Donate your time. Do you have a skill set that would benefit our organization? Please contact us and let us know how you can help.
3) Donate funds. We are a mobile organization, so instruments and music stands wear out from being moved a few times/week from location to location. Monetary donations can be used for many of our needs: to replace and repair instruments, buy educational materials and music for our classes, use for sets and props for the summer musical. etc.
4) Sign up with Kroger Community Rewards. If you shop at Kroger, you can sign up through their website and choose OHMI as the organization, a portion of the grocery sales you make will go to OHMI. Look here:Kroger Community Rewards
5) Use Amazon Smile for online shopping. If you shop at Amazon, you can donate a portion of your sales to OHMI. Follow this link to set that up: Amazon Smile
6) Sponsor a student. Many of our students come from large families, or one income families (which is typical for homeschooled families), and would like to take a class, or a second class, but do not have the funds to take classes. Some would like to attend festival, but can’t afford it. Some would LOVE to go on our Music Festival trips, but can only afford tuition for the year and no extras. Music can be a life-changing experience for a student. Consider donating to give them the gift of music!
Tuition for one class: $295
Help to go on a Music Festival trip: $300 – $500
Help attend Festival: $50
Summer Musical Theatre Class tuition: $215
Tuition for a second class: $135
Or any other amount would be helpful.